My heart is overwhelmed. There's so much I want to share with you, I hardly know where to begin. Words cannot adequately express how much I love and appreciate you. You have stood by our side during the most difficult season of our lives. You've fasted and prayed. Fought with us. Cried with us. Encouraged us. Comforted us. Helped us with our kids. Gave sacrificially. Cooked meals. Cleaned our house. You've blessed our family in a myriad of ways. You have truly been Jesus' hands and feet to us during our time of need. With all my heart, THANK YOU!!!
Steve went home to be with the Lord on March 9th. To say that I miss him is an enormous understatement (I won't tell you about my frequent emotional meltdowns). Yet when I think of how Steve is now in the presence of Jesus, his FIRST love, my heart rejoices. He longed for and lived for that day, and that day has finally arrived!
Steve courageously fought until the end. He desperately wanted to live to see more souls won to Jesus. Until his last breath, that's exactly what he did - he reached people for Christ. So now the flaming torch that he so valiantly carried has been passed on to us. People ask, "Jeri, what are you going to DO?!" I'll tell you what I'm going to do--I'm going to enjoy telling MY side of all those stories you've been hearing Steve tell for years!
Humor aside, throughout the ages, there are certain men and women who continue to impact lives long after their time on earth is finished. I believe Steve is one of those rare individuals. Through his life and legacy, he will continue to win souls to Jesus, to challenge people to live holy, and to cause people to passionately pursue revival from now until Jesus returns. That, my friends, is something to rejoice about!
And so while grieving our loss, at the same time, I'm excited about what God has in store for us on the horizon. Years ago when we founded our ministry we named it, "Together In The Harvest." That's still our official ministry name. Our ministry doesn't stop just because Steve has gone home to be with Jesus. As Steve so often said, the greatest harvest of souls is upon us. Together we are going to work harder than ever to reap that massive harvest and be a voice to our generation.
Here are just a few of the exciting ministry projects we're currently undertaking:
1. PRESERVING/DIGITIZING STEVE'S BROWNSVILLE REVIVAL AND AWAKE AMERICA MESSAGES: This is dear to my heart. We just dug out of storage more than a thousand of Steve's revival messages. These sermons are timeless. They are just as powerful today as when Steve originally preached them. They were originally recorded in a format that has a 10-15 year shelf life so they are reaching the end of their life-span. It's important that we preserve this footage and make it available so people can be impacted by the spirit of revival that's upon these messages for generations to come. To do so, we're going to need your help. I'll share more about this in my next letter.
2. ONLINE SCHOOL OF EVANGELISM: We began development of our online evangelism classes several years ago, but put it on hold when Steve came off hospice in 2011. In 2012, Steve went into the studio and taped a series of sessions on how to win people to Christ and give altar calls. The school will also feature Dr. Michael Brown, Reinhard Bonnke, myself and others who are particularly gifted in the area of evangelism. Stay tuned for details about the launch of the school in the coming months!
3. PRODIGALSONLY: You've probably heard Steve talk about prodigalsonly.com over the past few years. He always had a burden for the millions of prodigals who've walked away from the Lord, so he developed this website to help them find their way back home. Since then, this site has helped thousands return to Christ. Something Steve talked about right up until the time he went to heaven was to expand this ministry, including having prodigalsonly.com billboards all across America to draw prodigals to the website. We're believing God for the resources to launch this billboard outreach that Steve was so passionate about.
4. STEVE'S LATEST (unreleased) BOOK: As an evangelist and revivalist, one of Steve's primary callings was to prepare the Bride of Christ to meet the Lord. Jesus is coming back for a church without spot or wrinkle. Right up until the time he went to heaven, Steve was in the process of writing a book on the subject entitled, 'No Time To Wash Up.' We are working with our publisher to make sure this book is released as soon as possible.
5. WORLD EVANGELISM: We are committed to reaching those who haven't heard the Gospel. Our outreach into Arabic-speaking and other Gospel-hardened nations will continue and expand.
6. MEETINGS/CRUSADES: We are receiving invitations from around the world to minister. Now that our children are grown, I can accept these invitations. So often what God does for you, He wants to do through you. I know that's the case with me. He has put a fresh word in my heart. A message of hope and healing, of freedom and victory. He's in the business of changing lives. I'm excited to be back out on the road again, seeing Jesus transform lives!
Steve was very passionate about raising up men and women of God to be fellow-laborers in the Lord's harvest fields. We have a team at Steve Hill Ministries who've been with us for years, who also minister and hold crusades. They have the same DNA of Steve Hill so-to-speak. They are anointed, holy, seasoned and proven. They preach the Truth with compassion, and the Lord faithfully confirms His Word with signs following. One of their ministry emphases is to give tools and help equip the local churches to be effective at reaching people for Christ.
As you can see, we're very busy about our Father's Business. Please pray for us as we carry on the work of the Lord and continue to fulfill His mandate to go into all the world to preach the Gospel and make disciples. The ministry projects I've just shared with you are costly. We're trusting the Lord to provide. Your continued partnership with us in the work of the Lord is very needed and deeply appreciated. Would you consider giving a special memorial gift this month in honor of Steve's life and legacy and to help us continue what God's called us to do?
We are and always will be together in the harvest.
Love and blessings,